November 4, 2010

Thirteen Minutes


That is what is left of my day. Thirteen minutes.

When I leave here, I have to go to the post office, drop off the office mail, and head to Wal*Mart. Which is oh so much fun right after work! (Did you sense the sarcasm there?)

I know that I don't have to be in there all that long, but it's the idea that I cannot go right home, kick off my heels - which I never wear, and just watch a bit of mindless television with my husband before it's time to eat dinner. I made chili. It's going to be fantastic.

Another reason I bring this up, is that these are my last, truly productive minutes of the day. While I am at work, I can think of nothing but what I want to accomplish when I arrive home. I want to work on our budget - which needs a LOT of work, since I have never done one before; my resume needs *serious* work. Although I have no idea where to begin on either, task - they are things I think about.

But then I get home and all is lost. I bask in the company of my husband and our dogs - who I swear are alien beings brought here to suck the motivation out of anyone in a 20' area! (The dogs, not the husband!)

Three Basset Hounds and a Bulldog.... They aren't all that lazy (well, the Bulldog is...) but when they want to sleep and cuddle, they look so comfortable, so adorable, that you want to do nothing but hug them and squeeze them and call them George!

I must do something to break this habit! Any ideas? Sell the dogs? Stuff them? Sell the Husband? I need Help, people!

1 comment:

  1. LOL I hear ya with the lack of motivation in the evenings... I am always trying to get my butt off the couch to either "work out" hahah or catch up on one of my hobbies.. It's never ending. Let me know if you find the secret :)

    ReplyDelete