November 5, 2010

I love my Puffalump!

Years and years and years ago... Back in the early nineties, there were soft, squishy stuffed animals called 'Puffalumps' and they were cute. Of course, they were geared to really young little kids - and they were safe enough to let babies play with them. They came in all kinds of animal shapes - mice, bunnies, cows and cats. Most of them were colored with the lightest of hues - pinks and yellows, purples and blues.

I thought that they were fine and dandy, but they were for babies. I was in High School! What did I need one of them for?

And then... They came out with a 'funky' collection of toys, and one stole my heart. He was a bright green toucan with an equally bright Hawaiian type shirt and sunglasses. I never named him, but he went everywhere with me. Well, everywhere meaning when I had to travel. He was quite comforting and I still have him today! I tried to find a picture of it online, but couldn't grab one. Not sure why, but I will try again!

*I really didn't know what I wanted to write today, so I looked at the NaNoBloMo site and found the prompts. The one I picked was, "What childhood toy do you still have in your possession?"
It saved the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment