November 10, 2010

Have you Heard? Florida SUCKS!

Our Tax Dollars at Work


Besides being close to bankruptcy and having some serious whackjobs in offices around the Central Florida area - the State Agencies are the hardest SOBs to get any information from! 

Okay, so I may be posting this more emotionally than rationally, but really?  I think that most government workers have either been lobotomized, or ate paint chips as children.  Lots and lots of paint chips.  The lead based ones.  Not the fancy acrylic they have nowadays.

I am doing my best to understand a few things that I have seen over the past couple of months.  The first is the reasoning behind Unemployment.  Not the fundamentals, but the logic behind who gets it and who does not.  Why give it to someone who is perfectly capable of finding a job, but doesn't want to get off the sofa because he makes more money sitting on his rump?  Why deny the person who is going to school to better himself while looking for work (part time or otherwise) to help pay bills?  I don't know if this is just a Florida thing, but the fact that it goes on at all just makes me ill.  Mentally and physically!

The second is Food Stamps.  These people make applicants jump through hoops, do lots of paperwork and then give a family $16 A MONTH??  Seriously - $16 a month for food.  No joke.  Sounds like one though, doesn't it?  Well, I guess that will be enough to make Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches for lunch every day.  Well, till the bread runs out.  That just seems like a lot of time and man hours wasted for such a minimal amount of money to be distributed.  I'm sure the person who approved such a total had to have laughed - even if it was just on the inside. 

Maybe I'm in the wrong field.  Maybe I should be the one giggling at others' misfortunes.  Maybe I should hand over hundreds of dollars to people so that they don't want to find work.  Sigh... 

No comments:

Post a Comment