November 19, 2010

Procrastination be Thy Name

I used to jokingly call myself "The Queen of Procrastination."  I would put things off until the last minute - school work and such - yet I would always do well.  My mother would say, "Now, imagine how much better you would have done if you started (project name here) when it was assigned.  Or even a week ago!"

 I would smile and wave it off.  Why fix what isn't broken?  Well, fast forward 15 years and I am still the Queen, and I hate it.  I have no reason to put things off, and logically, I know that.  But it never fails - I will make a list and something will be pushed 'until later' four or five or a hundred times - for absolutely no reason other than I jut don't want to do it.  Is that lazy?  Probably.  But I don't consider myself to be a lazy person. In fact, I am pretty productive... when I want to be.  ::Smirk::

I just find that there are little things that aren't all that important in the long run.  I have the 'don't sweat the small stuff - and it's all small stuff' mentality. 

Any good ideas out there on how to give myself a good swift kick in the ass?  Thanks!  I would really appreciate that!

No comments:

Post a Comment