November 7, 2010

My Own Grand-pa


It's Friday. Well, it is right now as I write. You are reading this on Sunday. Or at least, you should be. Yesterday was my birthday (Saturday, not Thursday) and I'm hoping I did something fun!

It's also Homecoming weekend at THE U! And I'm quite sad to be missing it - again. I miss my friends, the football games, the band, my Sorority brothers and sisters (yes, we were a co-ed sorority. It was an honor sorority - not social. But we did know how to party!), and even the campus! I have missed out on Homecoming weekend for one reason or another for years. I think I have been to maybe 3. Sigh.

Anyway, we just don't have the cash to drive to Miami and hang out. So, again, I will watch the game on television, wearing my Hurricanes jersey and reminiscing.

However! A sorority brother of mine lives up here, too! He isn't going either, and may come into town to visit. That could be fun! My husband and I are going to go to the local art festival, so he and his wife may meet us there. I'm looking forward to it! I also think it's neat because it will be my birthday and all. I like to remember that he bought me my first cold and frosty beverage on my 21st birthday! A margarita. Which is funny, because I am not a margarita drinker. But it was delicious on that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment