August 8, 2011

What a Good Day

I know, I know.. I'm sorely slacking on the writing thing...  I suck.  I write more when I am not under a 'deadline,' I guess.  However, I wanted to give a big sigh of relief by posting publicly that I have had a pretty good couple of days!

I spent the majority of Sunday in the library, filling out job applications for the husband, while he was home.  Doing nothing, I might add.  Didn't touch a dish in the sink; didn't take anything out for dinner; zip, zero, zilch, NADA!  I knew he wouldn't, but it still irked me.  He had the day off because the Moble Unit he mans for the local police department had broken down.  So he wasn't needed.

It started off crazy.  I honestly don't know why.  The night before was pretty nice.  But at 5AM, when he would normally go to work, he got up, showered and proceeded to B!+C# about how he couldn't find things that he swore he put away.  He stomped around like a child for almost an hour.  Mind you, it's Five in the Frickin' Morning!!!!  I didn't have to wake up early, so I was up late watching my LockUp marathon on MSNBC....  I'm not a morning person to begin with, but that was just horrific!

I still had not found my wedding ring, and I was pretty upset by it.  Anyway, by the time the library opened, I couldn't wait to get out of the house. 

When I got home, things were much, much, MUCH calmer.  I'm thinking he had a good nap.  But that's me.  We watched Kick Ass (which was quite good) and ate Pizza (which was also quite good).  Not long after, we called it a night.  He had to get up at 4 this morning for another shift.

I happened to be in the bathroom, drying my hands and face, when I had an epiphany.   I wondered if maybe I had lost my ring when I was doing the exact same thing the night it was lost.  It's always loose by that time of day, so I try to take special care to keep it on...  but maybe...   I looked behind the toilet, in the garbage, in the toilet scrubber doohickey... Nothing. 

As a fluke, I lifted up the bathmat.  Then the mat that sits under the toilet.  My heart sunk. It wasn't there.  Maybe I was wrong.  Until I leaned down to straighten it out and caught a flash in the corner of my eye.  MY RING!  I was absolutely thrilled!  I leaned down and plucked it out of the cotton loops that make up our mats and felt complete again.  I knew it was going to be a good week.

So, since I'm rambling already, may as well keep going, right?

I got up at 4 with the hubs, so that I could take the car for the day.  And I am thankful I did!  I had a first interview for a position last Friday, and got the call back for a second interview that afternoon.  In my head, I was sure it was scheduled for Wednesday, the 10th.  On the way home, I listened to the call, just to be sure.  Nope, I was wrong.  It was scheduled at 10.  TODAY!

I went home, but couldn't fall right back to sleep.  I was already awake, and quite excited/nervous for the interview.  I did finally get a little rest, but jumped up at 8AM to get ready and go.

Long story short, (I know, too late for that), THEY HIRED ME!!!!  I took the drug test this afternoon, filled out some online 'paperwork,' and now I just wait to make sure the background check comes back fine.  It should... but you never know!  =)  I'm very excited and I hope that by Friday I'm able to tell you that I am officially employed!

Whew...  that was quite the rant.   SORRY!!!!   I hope you will forgive me.  =)  It's going to be a good week.  It's just got to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment