August 10, 2011

So. Very. Tired. Driving Sucks.

In the past two days, I have probably driven almost 400 miles.  I have had two long trips (1+ hours) and a bunch of teeny tiny short ones around the town.  Let me tell you, I'm not usually the one who drives anywhere.  Not necessarily because I don't enjoy it - I do.  My husband doesn't think I'm a good driver. 

Yes, he makes the unoriginal jokes about Female drivers, but he doesn't truly think that women can't drive.  Just me.  He doesn't tease me about it.  He doesn't turn white at the thought of me driving.  He just doesn't think I'm all that great.

Honestly, I may not be.   I'm not horrible, by any means!  I just get a little lost sometimes.  Both figuratively and literally.  I get a little anxious in heavy traffic, and don't even think about talking to me in the rain!  The rain issue is mostly because of the drivers in Florida.  It is the rainiest state I have ever been in, yet nobody seems to know how to drive in it.  It's ridiculous! 

Rain is not a new concept, People!

You would think the cities would shut down if they could....

Anyway, all this driving, and rain, and added stress has taken it's toll.  I have walked around like a zombie for the past two days, and I don't think it will change until Saturday when I can finally rest! 

To top it all off...  My husband's ex-girlfriend is coming to visit with her daughter.  I have NO idea what to do with them, or entertain them with.  Especially when I feel like Death warmed over!  It's going to be a long two days... I'll tell you that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment