October 4, 2011

Halloween is Coming!

Halloween is my favorite time of year. 

I do not exactly understand why, because I absolutely hate people in masks and costumes, but there is just something about All Hallows' Eve that makes me happy.  Maybe it's the chill in the air, the free candy, or the twinkle in the kiddies' eyes when they scream, "Trick or Treat!" at the top of their lungs... I'm not quite sure... 

For years, I have wanted to decorate our home in the scariest of things - cobwebs, pumpkins, skeletons and such - it would be like my Christmas, but since we moved in, we have yet to spend a Halloween at home.  This year is no different.  I will have to work that night and miss out on all the festivities.  My husband is not much of a Holiday guy, so getting him to take pictures of the kids and give out candy will be like pulling teeth.  Not looking forward to it at all. 

The good thing is that the company at which I work, is pro-family and they go all out for Halloween.  For that, I am thankful.  But now, I have to come up with a costume idea.  I could do my Wench outfit - which isn't risque in the least, but it does push my bosoms up to my chin....  Not sure that's very child-friendly...  I will have to ask.   heh...

Let the countdown BEGIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment