June 11, 2011

Hooray for CVS! Kind of...

image

I fianally got my husband to come with me to the grand opening of a local CVS.  I was really quite excited.  It's a bit of a rush when I get to 'show off' by saving money.  Weird, I know.  I was thrilled to see that it had finally opened!  It's a very nice looking  store, by the way.

I had my list printed out, coupons ready, and binder in hand - in case I saw a good deal.  However, being a new store, there weren't any clearance items that I could find.  I am kicking myself, though. I forgot to have my bag tag scanned. It's like giving away free money!  It makes my tummy knot up...

Anyway, after all was said and done, we spent about $30.00 (if I had to guess, since my receipts are at home), but only $9.20 out of pocket - in three transactions, and I have $4 in ECBs left.  I'm pretty sure that if I had planned better, we would have spent even less.  I just felt a little rushed during checkout.  There were also a few things that we wanted that weren't in stock.  I will probably go to anothet store tomorrow or Saturday to see if I have better luck.

NOTE:  Since initally writing this post, I have gone back to the new CVS, and to my 'usual' CVS - TWICE! - and the items still have yet to be re-stocked.  I guess I'm feeling the frustration of the being the victim of a 'shelf-clearer.'  I hate missing such a good sale, but I guess I will have to suck it up.  **grumble**

No comments:

Post a Comment